Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Long Walk Fondness


I am a big fan of ridiculous and random T-shirts that make no discernable sense. Ridiculous and random anything, actually, but t-shirts especially. I've seen quite a few shirts that I've liked on this trip [can't remember one of them, though... should've written them down] but my favorite has been here in Fethiye.

It was on this guy that works at the pension I am staying at; he's probably mid-twenties, friendly but with an intense sunken face that could frighten you if it was angry. I will write the text exactly as it was on the shirt, so that no artistic intention is lost:

SPUNK.
I am fond
of
Long Walk
Being Tickled
Pink
!

I could sit here for hours and speculate about the artist's purpose here: if SPUNK is a person or a state of mind, whether his fondness for long walks is greater than his love of being tickled pink, but I don't think that would be fair to the t-shirt. I'm just happy to know that there's such brilliance at work in the garment industry here in Turkey.

The picture above is to take the place of a pıcture of the t-shırt. Both were equally ımpressıve ın person, though admıttedly ın dıfferent ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home