Saturday, September 29, 2007

Another day


I did more planning for this trip than I usually do, given my limited time. I wanted to see as much as I could in a reasonably short period. I couldn't afford to lollygag.


So, there was little room for error or wrinkles in the plan. One such wrinkle, purposefully kept at bay in my expectant mind, was the prospect of rain in Stavanger.


Guess what? It rained. Heavily. The whole day.


So, I wasn't able to do the hike that I had wanted to do: Preikestolen, or Pulpit Rock. It would've been about a 2 hour hike, to an astounding 2,000 foot precipice overlooking Lysefjord. The kind of view that would probably make you a bit dizzy... although that is not a good idea, since there is no fence to stop you from falling over the side.


According to the authorities in Norway, no one has ever fallen over the side. A French daredevil apparently did a handstand on four balancing chairs at the edge. I looked for a picture of that, but couldn't find one.... so a picture of Preikestolen sans Frenchy will have to do. Sacre freakin' bleu.


So, as frustrating as it is, I have to say "Another time". But then again, I guess the "Someday"s help to get us through the Everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home