Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Quaintness Sabotage


Fethiye is the epitome of the idyllic Mediterranean harbor town, I would say. I have a great view of the bay from my room: mountains in the distance, dozens of docked sailboats in the dogleg harbor, aforementioned terra cotta roofs descending in a patchwork quilt all the way from my window down to the water. It's quaint: wicked quaint, crazy quaint.

So, I got out my camera to capture this essence of Mediterranean. It's only then that I notice that there are objects on the roofs. Satellite dishes everywhere. Antennas. Solar panels. Solar Panels!? This is not idyllic. This detracts from idyllic. Their 200 channels took away my quaintness.

I hope that those people in those houses know that they ruined it. I hope that they are aware that these modern things-- these symbols of so called "progress" -- ruined my 3.2 megapixel digital photograph. And I hope they are happy with themselves.

2 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

more picture, more pictures, more pictures, more pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home